Wish Trobergs big wishlist, part 5: Compile

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
5. Compile

* Options to select which warnings you want. For example, I sometimes have an empty catch, simply because I know what problem I might get and just want to ignore it. I don't want to log it or anything else, I just want to ignore it.
* The compile window which appears on run should be closed after a few seconds if there was no problems. It's a minor annoyance, but still an annoyance.
* Occasionally, changes to the code don't seem to "take" until I change to a different kind of compilation (release/debug(fast)/debug(legacy). It does not happen often, but it does happen.
* Please save the position of the Designer and the Abstract designer windows. I have a large screen (4k) and want them beside the main window, and every time I open them, I have to move them.
* Multiple deploy. It would be nice to be able to select several devices to deploy to on a build (USB, WiFi or BT) and have it run on all of them on build. Of course, if running in debug, the debugger can only connect to one of them. Would speed up multiple device testing a lot, as well as reducing the risk of inconsequent testing.
* Custom Build Actions. It would be nice to have a step id for stuff that should be run before the code is parsed. For example, I like to have a small program that generates a tiny program file with a string contant containing current date and time, which gives each build a timestamp which I can show in an aboutbox together with version info. Likewise, I often write code generators which, for example, analyze a database and generate access objects for it. This, of course, needs to be done before the code is parsed.

TheJinJ

Licensed User
Longtime User
* The compile window which appears on run should be closed after a few seconds if there was no problems. It's a minor annoyance, but still an annoyance.
Alt 3 compiles in the background if you don't need to change target device

* Multiple deploy. It would be nice to be able to select several devices to deploy to on a build (USB, WiFi or BT) and have it run on all of them on build. Of course, if running in debug, the debugger can only connect to one of them.....
Try Bridge Relay by 12Labs, it's in the PlayStore