Bug? Error Message "Index out of range" after Starting B4A

ernschd

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

after starting B4A an Popup occurs displaying the following text (translated):
An error occurred.
Specified index is out of range or child at index is NULL. Do not call this method if "VisualChildrenCount" returns NULL, indicating that the "Visual" has no children.
Parameter Name: index
The actually value was 0.

I'm using Windows XP with SP3 and .Net 2.0 and .Net 4.0

Attachments

• b4a_error.PNG
    b4a_error.PNG
    43.7 KB · Views: 292

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have that too sometimes but when I close B4A and reopen it in order to screenshot it it never happends again.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
here's mine...

Notice that it doesn't happen all the time on my machine. Most of the time it's the first time that I use B4A on that day.

Attachments

• log.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 276

ernschd

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you.
As far as B4A is working anyway it's not a real problem for me.

haungmaojung

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you. Based on the logs in both cases it failed to load the IDE layout file.

I see where it fails and added a check to prevent if from failing. However in the long run I recommend you to switch to Windows 7+. The IDE will be faster and you will not encounter these issues.

Hi Erel,
I've just installed a lastest version of B4A (5.02). I've experienced the same error when I opened a
.b4a file B4A popup an error message "index out of range"...
I open this bad source .b4a and compared it with another good .b4a in NotePad. I found the missing line of bad .b4a 'Build1=Default,eAI.FAI.eaiTCP'.
Code:
Version=5.02
NumberOfModules=0
Build1=Default,eAI.FAI.eaiTCP
ManifestCode='...'
IconFile=

I add this line 'Build1=.....' into the bad .b4a and click it to open. It works now.

For some reasons, Version of B4A before 5.02 may have chance to miss this line 'Bulid1=....'
don't why, but I found several .b4a I wroted using previous version of B4A has this problems.