Android Question Motorola TC55... Barcode scan with Intents..BroadcastReceiver..

Cüneyt Gargin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi....
I am developing an Android application on Motorola TC55 Android devices. I can adjust device (i.e. DataWedge Application) to broadcast intent. Please check image. And I write an B4A Application. (please check zip file). I have one main module and a service module. And I use Broadcast_Receiver....

When I scan a barcode, normally, it is expected that device sends intent and my started service is triggered on BroadcastReceiver_onReceive event. But it does not...

I send broadcast from main module and onReceive event is triggered. I debug application and see it receives broadcast.

My questions are :
1. Is there any mistake I make while setting up device ?
2. When I send broadcast from main module, service gets this broadcast.. does it mean there is problem with my adjustments =
3. Is there any mistake I make in my code , in my service or manifest editor ?

B.R.
Cuneyt

Attachments

• TC55_intent.JPG
    TC55_intent.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 484
  • ScanTest.zip
    29.9 KB · Views: 441

Cüneyt Gargin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel Can you please check image file and zip file I posted.. Because I did as you said and I still could not manage to receive the broadcast.

Upvote 0

Cüneyt Gargin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Erel, When I get the barcode in the service, It is there ... how can I pass this value to the activity which calls this service...
i.e. I have an activity..in Activity_Create I start service... service starts listening to Barcode event.. when I scan a barcode, in startingIntent I can read barcode... but... I want this barcode to pass to an editText on the Activity.. How will I understand from activity that the service started and startingIntent event is fired.. So I can pass barcode value to editText.....

Upvote 0