Android Question Compiling generated Java code. Error javac 1.8.0_60 src\b4a\example\main.java:62: error: cannot f

Pilar-JLSineriz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear all,

I've installed the trial version in a computer following the instructions. When I want to debug the code, the following error is presented;.. could I solve it??? Thanks

B4A version: 5.20
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Compiling code. (0.02s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.00s)
Generating R file. (0.04s)
Compiling generated Java code. Error
javac 1.8.0_60
src\b4a\example\main.java:62: error: cannot find symbol
if (anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.ServiceHelper.StarterHelper.startFromActivity(processBA, wl, false))
^
symbol: variable StarterHelper
Note: src\b4a\example\starter.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
1 error

Pilar-JLSineriz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, thanks.. I am showing B4A to a friend.. I don´t understand.. is enough changing the directory??? Regards

Upvote 0

Pilar-JLSineriz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Ere, fantastic!!! I want that my friend will be a new user.. We've changed the folder and we dont´t have problems. It's running!!!
... now we have another problem.. we try to connect a motorola device (MOTO E, 4G LTE, android version 5.0.2), and in some case the device runs but in other case, we don´t get to contact. We have get to contact using b4bridge by means the IP but only in one ocasions. We have tried to repeat the proccess but we have not success. Using USB connection never we have success. The aplication does not generate error...

Upvote 0

Laurent95

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel... we have put the usb storage mode to PTP but we have the same problem.. Thanks
Hi,
Have you take a look if there are specific driver for Windows for your phone on the Manufacturer Website ?
Sometime the phones need a specific driver to be recognized, not all, but.
I have had already problem with some tablet.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Pilar-JLSineriz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
Have you take a look if there are specific driver for Windows for your phone on the Manufacturer Website ?
Sometime the phones need a specific driver to be recognized, not all, but.
I have had already problem with some tablet.

Of course.. I search for specific drivers...

Upvote 0