Android Question mask a small part of a WheelView

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everybody,

I have tried to add a small panel (4x4 pixels) over a WheelView in order to mask the wheel on the defined area to prevent a mouse wheel rotation to rotate the WheelView in order to execute some other code.
Tried with panel, label, but still the WheelView capture the mouse wheel rotation event.

As there is no way in Android to move the mouse cursor in a specific position from an application, this is the only way I see to disable mouse wheel action on the interface and execute only my own code.

There is any other way to mask an area from a Wheelview?

Thank you,
Dan

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi.
This solution solves the issue if I touch on the mask area with my finger, but mouse wheel still make the WheelView to rotate.
I have tried to use Gesture too, hopping that I will be able to get pointer id, but it seems that mouse wheel does not trigger that event neither.
The only left mouse click triggers that routine, the mouse wheel not.

I've tried even further, masking the wheelview with another wheelview. Both scrolls in the same time when using mousewheel.

Thank you.
Dan

Last edited:
Upvote 0

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
WheelView is using scrollview. Your question should relate to a scrollview in general.
Scrollview has only one event : _ScrollChanged(Position As Int)
I don't know how to screen out the events which are caused by the mouse wheel.

Upvote 0

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Strange thing (for me) is that if you have two overlapping views supporting "_ScrollChanged" event, if you use the mouse both of them scrolls, but with touch only the one in the front.
Dan

Upvote 0