Android Question intercept calendar event?

Roberto P.

Licensed User
Longtime User
HI
there is a way to intercept an event of creation or modification of a date on the calendar to a app, like Trigger or save data to a file that a process can read?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What do you mean with intercept?

If you want to show calendars/events of a specific calendar then you could use the Library in the similar threads. AndroidProviders.

But as the lib can NOT change a event/calendar at this time you are limited to READ ONLY as yet.

Upvote 0

Roberto P.

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello DonManfred
I would like to intercept the insertion, modification and deletion of a calendar item, in order to update my table that manages my task.
So I would use the event to write \ update my table.
I hope it's clear.
Thank you

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I dont know any interceptor.
BUT you can use the mentioned library to read all eventdetails (including creationdate and last edited date if i remember correctly=). you can use the eventlist to do a sync to your database... If you know the id of the event you can query just this event

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Zapier is working. I´ve created a account and setup a webhook.
Wrote a small php as hook.

This is resulting log after the hook got called...
======================================
25.09.2015 18:51:26: eventID=11vgg5ss9jir5go3ba5cqu3224
25.09.2015 18:51:26: json={"status": "confirmed", "duration_hours": "3.5", "updated": "2015-09-25T16:46:27.461Z", "end": {"dateTime_pretty": "Sep 26, 2015 10:00AM", "dateTime": "2015-09-26T10:00:00+02:00"}, "created": "2015-09-25T16:46:27.000Z", "iCalUID": "[email protected]", "htmlLink": "googleURL", "reminders": {"useDefault": "True"}, "kind": "calendar#event", "summary": "Rainerli hat Gebutstag und so", "start": {"dateTime_pretty": "Sep 26, 2015 06:30AM", "dateTime": "2015-09-26T06:30:00+02:00"}, "duration_minutes": "210", "etag": "\"2886399174922000\"", "sequence": "0", "organizer": {"self": "True", "displayName": "Manfred Ssykor", "email": "[email protected]"}, "creator": {"self": "True", "displayName": "Manfred Ssykor", "email": "[email protected]"}, "id": "11vgg5ss9jir5go3ba5cqu3224"}
======================================

Here you can see the prices... The free account is ok for me.

zapier0017.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Roberto P.

Licensed User
Longtime User
I dont know any interceptor.
BUT you can use the mentioned library to read all eventdetails (including creationdate and last edited date if i remember correctly=). you can use the eventlist to do a sync to your database... If you know the id of the event you can query just this event

As an alternative to an event, you can not create a wrapper of the calendar, enter it in my app and add the fields that I need?
Maybe I ask too much, but that's what they ask users of my app .....
thank you

Upvote 0