B4A Library Android Satellite Menu (working but incomplete - need help!)

I hate to post an incomplete library but seeing that this is something a bit unusual/different and I am at my wits end with this I am going to post it as I am sure there is someone that will be able to make sense of this. Really a very nice animation of the main and satellite buttons. Let me explain the issues:

1. The attached project wraps this Github project. It is suppose to work for API 7+. The author of the original Github project claims that it should work for API 7+
2. On my tablet with API 15 it behaves very strangely where the satellites will initially be there and then sometimes none of the satellites are visible when the main (most bottom left) button is clicked. If I however click where a satellite is supposed to be then the app "reacts" and that satellite becomes visible but not all of the other satellites (sometimes two of them are visible). I have no idea how to solve this.
3. On my cell phone with API 19 it works almost perfectly. The satellites all behave as expected but there is an initial strange behaviour once the app starts and the "main menu" button is clicked. The whole view moves in two distinct steps towards the bottom left of the screen. I think it has something to do with the xml code in the two files that are in the layout folder of the B4A project. I have just about zero knowledge and experience with XML and do not know how to solve this two-step-jump of the view (it is a custom view).

A few remarks about the B4A project:
1. There are numerous files in the /res/... folders that this project makes use of
2. The images for main menu button and the satellite buttons are in the /res/drawable folder and are loaded from there by the lib (as drawables)
3. The library raises an event in the B4A project and returns the index of the satellite button that were clicked on. See the code in the B4A project.

Posting the B4A project, the Java code (it was not done in eclipse but with SLC), and the B4A library files as the library stands at present. The Java code (including the wrapper) is in attached file satellite-menu.zip. If someone manages to solve this then please post it on the forum (in this thread) for all to use. You really have to see this in action to appreciate it. It is really something different.

The attached pics are from my cell phone (API 19).

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Attachments

• satellite-menu.zip
    138 KB · Views: 227
  • b4aSatelliteMenuLibFiles.zip
    20.7 KB · Views: 218
  • b4aSatelliteMenu.zip
    60.4 KB · Views: 205

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I saw this menu style in B4A lib forum long time ago. I can't remember its name, if you can find it you may get something to fix your lib?