6.87 Desktop IDE explorer pane shows no Subs

mjcoon

Licensed User
Yesterday I derived a "new" program from one that I had been developing lately under 6.87. This involved simplifying it by removing a number of library uses. I was running it happily under the desktop IDE.

Today I opened the same source and saw that the RH explorer pane did not immediately open but stayed on closed "Main" only. When I clicked on the expand icon everything showed except that the "Subs" list was empty.

Eventually to get more information I tried a device compile and got a message that there was an unsupported object (I don't remember the wording) because I had removed the dzZipLib.dll but not its object. This was easily corrected so compiling is successful and I thought the problem would be cured; but it is not.

I have attached the source.

Mike.

PS I missed out another hint: the explorer pane, when expanded, shows no "Globals" either, although there are many.

Attachments

• GPSU2Table.sbp
    18.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

mjcoon

Licensed User
With a lot of trial and error I have discovered what the problem is.

Because I have a Sub with several parameters, each with an "As ..." clause, I broke the declaration over two lines by using "_".

Although this appears to be valid in the language it upsets the explorer pane.

With the trend towards typing of variables there will be increasing need to split Sub declarations, so I think that this is a bug.

Mike.