Android Question OoVoo VideoConferencing Library and video rotated 90 degrees

William Hunter

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have been testing an app built around this library. The devices I am using are 1: - Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet and 2: – Motorola Moto G phone. Connections work reasonably well, but correct video orientation is problematic depending on the orientation mode of the device.

Device 1: works fine in landscape mode, but in portrait mode the video in the preview panel is rotated counter clockwise by 90 degrees, as is the video received by the other participant.

Device 2: works fine in portrait mode, but in landscape mode the video in the preview panel is rotated counter clockwise by 90 degrees, as is the video received by the other participant.

Has anyone had a similar experience, and found a means of correcting this behavior? I've looked at VBFrontCam Library 2.0, but I don't think this will help me. Any help greatly appreciated.

Best regards :)

Edit:
It's a rare occasion not to get a response to a question on this forum, as fellow forum members are generally most willing to share their knowledge. With that in mind, I think it's safe to say that I'm not the only one without an answer to this issue.

I have given up any thought of resolving my problem. I've tried implementing a few of my thoughts, but nothing works.

The Android ooVoo application, at Google Play, is known to exhibit the same behavior at times. The ooVoo recommended fix is set out below:
My video is rotated or my front camera does not work
Try these steps to fix your camera problem:
  1. On your Android device, go to Settings and tap on Applications (or Application Manager).
  2. Tap on ooVoo and select Clear data.
  3. Open ooVoo again and check if the issue has been resolved.
  4. Camera still not using the front camera? Uninstall ooVoo and re-install.
If none of the above steps fix your camera problem please follow the directions below to send your camera logs:

I've tried the recommended fix with my app, and it has no effect. I would think that any fix would have to be a feature of the MSVO Library and/or ooVoo SDK, which at this time does not appear to be available. :(

Last edited:

William Hunter

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am giving this thread a bump, for those who may be interested in the edit.

Best regards :)

Upvote 0