iOS Question Is Hosted build broken?

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
I keep getting "Unable to Download App" after about 20% download attempt. Is something broken?

Looks like the Host Builder is creating bad ipa files I tried downloading and side loading the ipa file with iTunes and it also hangs. Tried previous versions of my app that loaded ok and now they too fail while loading. Endless retry messages.

Last edited:

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
This was working fine on Saturday as I just tested and uploaded a new version of my app to iTunes for review and release. But today I can not get the install step to work anymore. The install starts but quickly fails. I check the Certificate and it has not expired. Good till some time in 2016. Same with Provisioning. Earlier version of the code that installed now fail so it does not seem to be a code issue on my side.

I assume by Private Message you mean to use the Conversation feature which I have done.

Upvote 0

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is what I see.

I see my app icon change to grayed out with "Waiting" underneath then sometime later it switches to "Installing" and I get the clock sweep un-graying starting at 12 o'clock and going to around 3 o'clock and then it stops and goes back to full grayed out. Then I get the message Download failed Retry?.

I have tried this on three devices. Two with iOS 9.2 and one with iOS 7.1.2. Now fails on all three where Saturday it worked on all three.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What I see is , I can download to my phone the release version without any problems but for another device when i navigate to serverip:51041/userid i cant see the circle download button . It says no builds are currently available.

Upvote 0

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, same problem when installing the B4i Bridge. I get the message "Unable to Download App". The Bridge icon is grayed out then a circle starts to grow in size from the center to just about the outer edge of the "B" then goes away to be replaced by the Retry message.

Each time I say "Retry" it repeats the sequence. So now no Bridge app. But hopefully closer to a fix.

I noticed your ip address has changed since the last time I install the Bridge.

Upvote 0

Alessandra Pellegri

Licensed User
Longtime User
Turbo3 You have a similar problem of mine.
Sometime it says to me also "unable to install" but usually if you wait some minute (may be between 2 to 15) the installation completes.

In my case the icon stays grayed for a lot and when the circle starts to grow up it completes quickly.

Upvote 0

Alessandra Pellegri

Licensed User
Longtime User
Now the server is completly died.
I receive this error:

B4X:
B4i version: 2.00
Parsing code.  (0.15s)
Compiling code.  (0.33s)
Compiling layouts code.  (0.01s)
Compiling debugger engine code.  (4.89s)
Building Xcode project  (0.11s)
Sending data to remote compiler.  Error
Error retrieving token: Communication error: NameResolutionFailure

but my network works perfectly, infact I am writing here.

Upvote 0

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
In my case waiting is not an option as the install fails with an error message. Once it fails you are given the option to quit or retry. If I retry it fails again. So there is not option to just wait. If I quit that is the end nothing will happen if I quit not matter how long I wait.

Upvote 0

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
On rechecking I now see the Development Certificate is no longer listed on the Apple website and the date for the one on my PC is from a year ago which explains the problem. I was expecting to see it listed as expired on the Apple website which is why I missed it the first time.

However I uploaded the .csr file from a year ago and created a new development.cer but I still have the same problem. Do I need to create a fresh certSigningRequest.csr and B4i.p12 file to upload instead of using the two files that were created last year?

Upvote 0

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
I recreated everything and things are working again. I think I could have used the old files if I had just refreshed the Provisioning with the new certificate.

Erel, thanks for your patience in helping me work through this "user" problem. Next year I will know what to do.

Upvote 0