B4R Tutorial Show-Off your IoT boards ( uControler/shields )!!

There seem to be quite a few variants of the Arduino's Boards, So I thought, let's Show-Off our Boards and create a Listing, similar to the B4A devices Listing, so that when problems arises, we can ask others to trouble-shoot

So Here Mine: Black UNO R3 Development Board ATmega328P

MyUno.jpg

Toley

Licensed User
Longtime User
I will not show them all, but I have a lot of Arduino or compatible boards.
Original Arduino UNO.
Some Chinese UNO clones (CH340 USB-UART).
Many Arduino Pro Mini
ArduinoCrystal_ProMini_SF2.jpg

Some Arduino Nano USB
71JkhgB6ElL._SY355_.jpg

A lot of ESP8266 Model 01, 12 and NodeMCU.

I also have Arduino Mega and Due and a countless number of shields of all kind.

atiaust

Licensed User
Longtime User
There seem to be quite a few variants of the Arduino's Boards, So I thought, let's Show-Off our Boards and create a Listing, similar to the B4A devices Listing, so that when problems arises, we can ask others to trouble-shoot

So Here Mine: Black UNO R3 Development Board ATmega328P

View attachment 43126
Hi All,
I probably like others have many boards. The one in the photo below is a Chinese ATmega 2560 with a terminal shield, a HC-06 bluetooth module, a LCD panel with I2C backpack all talking to an LG android phone with a B4A bluetooth app.

mega2560.jpg

Michael1968

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,
I probably like others have many boards. The one in the photo below is a Chinese ATmega 2560 with a terminal shield, a HC-06 bluetooth module, a LCD panel with I2C backpack all talking to an LG android phone with a B4A bluetooth app.

View attachment 43734
Nice backround...where can i get this sheet?
Best regards
Michael

Last edited:

janderkan

Licensed User
Longtime User
We have created a small input/output board.
Connects directly to Arduino using I2C and rWire library on pins A4 and A5.
Max 8 boards can be connected.
Each board have 4 inputs and 4 outputs.
Inputs and outputs have separate supply from 5V to 24V
Input are protected by optocoupler and outputs can directly power a relay.

20160623_165050.jpg

woniol

Licensed User
Longtime User
We have created a small input/output board.
Connects directly to Arduino using I2C and rWire library on pins A4 and A5.
Max 8 boards can be connected.
Each board have 4 inputs and 4 outputs.
Inputs and outputs have separate supply from 5V to 24V
Input are protected by optocoupler and outputs can directly power a relay.

View attachment 45352
Are you going to sell these boards? I'm interested.

janderkan

Licensed User
Longtime User
These are built for own purpose, but we will sell them if asked.
We expect a price round 6€ / 1 piece.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Here you go @Cableguy,
I know that this is an old thread but here are 6 of my devices which I have multiple of just in case of a rainy day ;). I actually use one of the ESP8266 live boards with a mini relay, a small transformer and a DC to DC converter, all to control my bedroom lights (not LED's). I'll be modifying it to control a dimmer in about a month or two.

Yes if need be I could also control my bedroom lights 4606 miles away from Kingston in Jamaica (via the internet), it's actually controlled via MQTT. All confirmations/responses are replied to by the ESP8266 via MQTT as well, my phone then updates an online Firebase DB with the state of the lights so it is always in synchronisation.

The next thing to IoT via MQTT will be my blinds :cool:...

Just like everybody else on here, I have plenty of extra shields, wires, plugs etc blah blah bah for all of the boards below...

ESP8266 - Live board
IMG_20170304_115628.jpg

ESP8266 development board
IMG_20170304_114905.jpg

ESP8266 D1 WiFi development board
IMG_20170304_114801.jpg

UNO development board
IMG_20170304_114714.jpg

UNO development board
IMG_20170304_114637.jpg

Mega development board
IMG_20170304_114325.jpg

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My "collection" has also grown...
I have now 2 Arduino Uno R3, 2 ESP8266 D1 mini, 1 Arduino Mega and an arduino Micro...
Just got a CNC hat for one of the uno's along with 4 polulo drivers... Time to get some wood and SketchUp a "CNC" Makers style

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice @Cableguy
I also have 2 x Nano's, 2 x Pro Mini's and yet another model of UNO but they are at my partners house, I will add them to this post when I collect them in a few days time. I was thinking about using the Mini's or Nano's for other home projects like the blinds and more lights etc, I don't really know why I brought them, but I have to use them now. Even though I can place everything in hobby/project boxes, I would prefer to 3D print to the exact size, maybe something for the future with Acetone for smoothing. I created a modular variable power supply hat can handle 1.5v - 35v @ 5A. I have a fan inside it, I might use one of the above boards as a temperature controller for the fan, just for the fun of it. I only created my own variable modular power supply because I wanted one on an extremely small form factor to go with my soldering work station.

Erel has created a great little solution for creating Arduino solutions (currently it's on Google's page 6 for me as long as I do a generic search and not type in B4R). The only downside is that creating libraries is a compete pain in the butt (I'm still learning). One of the reasons why I'm learning C++ is simply because I need libraries for the B4R, it's still a great solution though, but it's not easy creating libraries, that's for sure.

Polulo stepper motor drivers? My dear fellow, what are you creating now???

10 minutes later...

Holy c..p @Cableguy, I've just watched a couple of videos on CNC and Arduino's, WHAT THE...!!! Okay so you can use an Arduino to make and control a CNC machine and even a 3D printer, seriously man, a 3D printer, go away.

So what are you going to do with your stepper motors???

Last edited: