Android Question FirebaseNotifications with appcompat library

ricardotm1968

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,
i'm starting to develop a new app, i use appcompat library (ver 2.0) , when i try to chenge my GCM to FCM, in the compile send me this error ,

Error.png

if i inactivate the library everthig is fine, is not posible to use both library at the same time?

thanks in advance

aarroyo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good morning , when I work with firebase and appcompat , if I add a ACToolBarLight to activity , this compiles fine , but when running it crash

Upvote 0

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Good morning , when I work with firebase and appcompat , if I add a ACToolBarLight to activity , this compiles fine , but when running it crash

Most probably there is a problem with your theme setup.
See the (unfiltered) logs for the error stack and post it here.

Upvote 0

aarroyo

Licensed User
Longtime User
The Theme is this :
</resources> </style> <item name="colorAccent">#FFA726</item> <item name="colorPrimaryDark">#F57C00</item> <item name="colorPrimary">#FF9800</item> <style name="MyAppTheme" parent="Theme.AppCompat"><resources>

and the project is very easy

Sub Globals
Dim Menu As ACToolBarDark
End Sub
Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)
Menu.Initialize("Menu")
Activity.AddView( Menu,0,0,100%x,100%y)
End Sub

The AppCompat library is 3.00
The FireBaseNotifications is 1.00

Last edited:
Upvote 0

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The Theme is this : [...]
It does not make much sense to post any code fragments. Post the error stack and/or a complete project. Otherwise we can't help.

Upvote 0

aarroyo

Licensed User
Longtime User
good , I still have the same problem the application compiles fine , but when you start gives an error soon after starting.

could you send me the application that you have changed?

Attachments

• IMG_3195.JPG
    IMG_3195.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 170
Upvote 0

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You should always post the error message. I recommend you to start with the example from the tutorial.

Be aware that the examples of the Material Design tutorials are not updated to B4A6 for now. I'm currently working on getting the libraries (AppCompat, Design Support) clean. Then the tutorials will follow.

Upvote 0

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
no error , just to start the application breaks
The problem is that you don't see the error because you are connected with B4A Bridge.
If possible, connect your device via USB cable. Then you will see a java error stack, at least in the unfiltered logs.

Upvote 0