iOS Question BLE broadcast in background mode

Samuel Ramirez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm working on a connectionless broadcasting (BLE) application that needs to work in foreground and background modes. The i-phone will act as a peripheral, I implemented the central with a BLE module.
Can you help me to understand how to broadcast non connectable advertising packets periodically even in foreground and backgroud modes?

Samuel Ramirez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

Actually I just implemented the firmware of the central (a module based on the Nordic nRF51822 IC) but I don’t started the implementation of the peripheral side that will be running on an i-phone.

To be more precise, I want to understand how to implement an application that runs in the I-phone and acts like a beacon, the i-phone will be sending non connectable advertising packets periodically (even in foreground or background) can you give me some light to see how to implement it?

Upvote 0

Samuel Ramirez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually I don't need to modify the advertising data, I just need to broadcast the MAC and the central just need to receive it and it will output it joined with RSSI. Could you explain me how to instruct the Peripheral Manager to start the advertising?

Upvote 0

Samuel Ramirez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

I'm using the example showed in your toturial, everthing is going well, now I have two questions:

- Could you let me know if the advertising data after call peripheral.Start("B4iPeripheral") is done in the channels 37, 38 and 39?
- How we can to define the advertising interval? I know we can work in the range from 20mS to 10.24S. I have measured interval time, it occurs each 30mS, I need to reduce the power consumption so I need to change the advetising interval to 500mS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0