Wish Dial Screen with ClipBoard

Do you feel this feature would help theHuman-machine interface?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Dogbonesix

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is very frustrating to enter data while using the current dialer because the data you need is hidden by the dialer. Everyone keeps notes of prescriptions, accounts, policies, warranties and so forth. Example, You are looking at your note below:
ABC insurance 800 123 456-1234 Policy number 1234-567-1234-77174.

It is no problem to dial but not so easy to remember or use the policy number.

I wish the dialer would add a small area to show a small amount of the ClipBoard.

Developers would have the option to show a dialer with or without the ClipBoard.
BetterDialer.png

Dogbonesix

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is an improvement in the human/machine interface to anticipate data before it is needed. The B4A developer can code selecting data that would be needed to complete a phone call and display that data at the moment it is needed. I can think of hundreds of times when I called some one, I need some reference number to complete the call. Just think about the next time you want to refill a prescription - how you keep track of the Rx number - wouldn't it be easy to just enter the Rx number if it was visible in the dial pad? What about the next time you are asked for insurance policy number? There are hundreds of uses for life to be easier with B4a.

I write many, many apps in B4a where the data is in the cloud. These are custom Family or group apps. So when any family member needs some data such insurance information the phone number be dialed and policy number visible in a single keystroke. The B4A developer can than take advantage of the multiple dimension display that is not available anywhere else (that I know of).

Dogbonesix

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a way to display it at 80% vertical Height so that the Top of another screen in the background would be visible? There are several custom dialers in the play store - that display contacts along with the dialer.

Dogbonesix

Licensed User
Longtime User
The link shows what I want do but there is no hint to even get started. How do I even get started? How do I even make the first screen? Thanks.