Android Question Appearance changes after upgrade from 2 to 6

jpvniekerk

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an old app created with B4A 2. I needed to make a small change to the app and upgraded do B4A 6 now. After clearing up 100's of warnings and compile errors, I've now got the app working again, but the screen appearance have changed drastically. This will create a lot of changes for me in the program and layouts.

The screen captures below shows some of my main problems: Note, I have not made any changes in the designer or the code (except for some cleanup to get rid most of the warnings).
  1. The Activity Title bar is much taller and the text much bigger. It leaves less space for other information and some of the activity titles are now too long to fit.
    Can this be changed somehow?

2. The text input box background color changed from white to black, but the text color is still black. I cannot find a way to change the bg color in designer to white. Is there an easy way to change this default color for all text input boxes?

3. The button background color have changed from light grey to dark grey, making the black text not ideal. I cannot find a way to change the bg color of the button in designer. Is there an easy way to change this default color for all buttons?

4. The ListView has lost it's separating lines. I cannot seem to find a way to get them back. HELP!!!
Here is the code for the listview:
B4X:
Sub ListViewInit
    ListView1.TwoLinesAndBitmap.ItemHeight = 35dip
    ListView1.TwoLinesAndBitmap.Label.Left = 20dip
    ListView1.TwoLinesAndBitmap.Label.Width = 100%x - ListView1.TwoLinesAndBitmap.Label.Left
    ListView1.TwoLinesAndBitmap.Label.Height = 32dip
    ListView1.TwoLinesAndBitmap.Label.Gravity = Gravity.CENTER_VERTICAL
    ListView1.TwoLinesAndBitmap.Label.Color = Colors.White
    ListView1.TwoLinesAndBitmap.Label.TextColor = Colors.Black
    ListView1.TwoLinesAndBitmap.Label.TextSize = 17
    ListView1.TwoLinesAndBitmap.ImageView.Left = 5dip
    ListView1.TwoLinesAndBitmap.ImageView.Height = 30dip
    ListView1.TwoLinesAndBitmap.ImageView.Width = 10dip
    ListView1.TwoLinesAndBitmap.ImageView.Top = 2dip
    ListView1.TwoLinesAndBitmap.ImageView.Color = Colors.White
    ListView1.ScrollingBackgroundColor = Colors.Black
    ListView1.FastScrollEnabled = True
End Sub

I have tried to search for these issues on the forum, but could not find applicable info.

An easy "one-day" change to the app is now turning into a nightmare!

Any help will be appreciated!

Attachments

• Old_New.png
    Old_New.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 285

fixit30

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would say that this is being caused by your targetSdkVersion in the manifest editor.

Maybe try targetSdkVersion="4" and see if this resolves the problem.

Upvote 0