Do we have ksoap2 functionality?

Brad

Licensed User
Longtime User
First off I want to say that this product rocks and something I have been waiting for. I have developed apps in the manufacturing world in vb since vb3. Six months ago I taught myself java to create a droid app for a company and now I'm presented with a project that requires calls to a .NET web service. I have downloaded ksoap2 into my eclipse but would love it if I could accomplish it using B4A. So is this possible or in the works or am I going to have to do it in java?

INALAMBRIK

Licensed User
Longtime User
KSOAP2 Support

Erel, you have done an extraordinary product. I've been working on BlackBerry applications since 2007 and today create my first Android App with Basic4Android in 2 hours. Very Easy and well documented.

I was wondering if there is a way to consume .Net ASPX Web Services from B4A. We have done this on Android and was very simple for us.

Please let me know if we could colaborate to do this on B4A. If there is a tutorial for consuming WSDL I would apreciate that.

Regards,
Rogelio Arosemena
INALAMBRIK
Guayaquil - Ecuador

Upvote 0

JamesP

I'd be really interested in this too. Having a load of existing .NET webservices, the ability to consume / send to them "properly" using objects created from the WSDL definition would be fantastic.

Parsing XML is a bit tedious for anything other than the simplest

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JamesP

Erel,

Many thanks for the offer - I may come back and take you up on that - at the moment though I'm not quite at that stage - still finding my feet - but was looking ahead at the sorts of things I might need to be doing

Best wishes
James

Upvote 0

evilpaw

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

A workaround could be that you can create MVC REST web service and return the data in either XML or JSON format which can be easily worked with.

View JSON Tutorial

I know with existing SOAP web services, there would have been a lot of time gone into it so a complete re-write would not be feasible due to time frames.

but you could write a RESTful API wrapper that consumes a SOAP Web service.
This is not ideal, but it does work with B4A. Its what i have done, on one of my projects whilst working at the Bank.

I hope this helps.

I can give a sample code in C# RESTful API that wraps a SOAP Web service.

Upvote 0