Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Greta Thunberg's nightmare!
I didn't read the specs, but I suppose it consumes so much power that a few units would exhaust all the energy available for the township (just exagerating a bit here..hehehe)
And what about batteries? Would they last at least the same time I sip my cofee? Or should I carry a few kilos of them (not bad anyway, it could account for physical exercise..the dictr could approve it).

Jokes apart, it promise a lot of info a few inches from your eyes. A good chair and very good earphones and you will have a fully immersive experience with your virtual world..or is it the real one? :)

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How one manages with multi monitors ?

I can understand one for codes and another for display of output.
But more than two monitors ! My neck will beg for mercy.

Regards,

Anand

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How one manages with multi monitors ?

I can understand one for codes and another for display of output.
But more than two monitors ! My neck will beg for mercy.

Regards,

Anand
I need. One for the code, one for the emulator, the third to manage the videoconference and maybe a fourth for the streaming of the videoconference.
I usually also have MacOs on virtual Box. .. in the fifth monitor

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I need. One for the code, one for the emulator, the third to manage the videoconference and maybe a fourth for the streaming of the videoconference.
I usually also have MacOs on virtual Box. .. in the fifth monitor
So I see.

You are not closing any but using one at a moment depending on requirement.

I tend to close one activity before I start another. Looks like my brain can not multi process :)

Regards,

Anand

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I usually have to do at least 3 things at the same time.

Videoconferencing, answered on WhatsApp Desktop and development. If I develop cross-platform I use multiple IDEs and more emulators

Diceman

Licensed User
My coworker got himself a Dell 27" (UHD?) rotatable monitor which is very nice. You can rotate it to portrait mode (when it's still running) to see a huge amount of text vertically. The font can be incredibly small and still readable because it is UHD. Great for programmers because there is less vertical scrolling. So rather than stacking landscape monitors one above the other with expensive VESA mounted arms, you could position 3 or 4 of these monitors side by side in portrait mode and form a high wall on your desk using just the normal desk stand. And the heat generated from the video card's would eliminate the need for a room heater in the winter time. 🥵