iOS Question Error installing B4i Bridge

affable

Licensed User
Longtime User
Trying to install B4iBridge (local macbuilder, works fine on Simulator)
When I click on the circle 'Install App' I am getting the message 'Open this page in "App Store"?', then randomly it pops up cannot connect to 10.94.72.5 (an IP I know nothing of, my local macbuilder is 192.168.8.105).
When I look at my App ID I see that it has An App ID Prefix (Team ID) which doesn't appear in the video tutorials. Is this something new or am I creating my App ID incorrectly?

I've checked the UDID for the iPod Touch is correct
I've installed the B4I certificate and checked it is in profiles.
I've checked my package in Build Configurations

Using Hosted builder works.

So I switched back to local builder, run b4i Bridge and setup Device IP Address and it connects to the iPod (IP address message disappears), however when I Run my App, on the iPod it brings up the message "Cannot connect to 192.168.8.105" which is the IP of my local Mac Builder.

affable

Licensed User
Longtime User
192.168.8.105:50141

The IP of my Macbuilder has changed a couple of times due to DHCP. Up until now, I have just changed the IP in B4i in windows and the local macbuilder works using Simulator.
So to try and fix the problem building for a real device, I rebooted my Mac and ran macserver_25 again as it had not been restarted since DHCP gave the mac its latest IP Address. I can get local builder working now. Was this likely to be the issue that macserver_25 had an old IP address for the Mac? Why would it still work with simulator with the out of date IP, but not with a real device?

Last edited:
Upvote 0