Android Question iptv application idea/question

Ricardo Bunschoten

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear community friends

I am asked for a friend to create a iptv application

The app has to work with a m3u list and the possibility to zapp through channels.

My question is i do found some media player libs options on the forum

But any idea how i can create buttons to skip to next channel in the m3u list while playing a channel
Most media libs open a installed media player and you have to stop the player to choose a next channel

But i want to press like << or >> for next channel (best would be in the opend player but that seems not to work in the available media libs. (Think that comes because the player opens the channel and not the whole list)

Is this possible or is a example on te forum that looks a bit like my question ?

Thnx in advance

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can overlay the buttons directly over the player...
Add a keyboard listener to catch the keys even if the player has the focus...

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You could try one of these videoview/videoplayer wrappers:
-videoview (standard Android videoview present in Audio-library)
-vlcb4a
-vitamio5
-FFMpeg_b4a

You could embed the videoviews in your app and position a panel above which permits changing channels without exiting the videoview screen.

Upvote 0

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
You seem to be in the very same field as me! Kodi, streaming, and emulation!

I made your above app, and have the channel logos appear when you press a key, you scroll though them and then select one, the logos hide and the channel plays, however I never used a list, I used a db and php

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
With a panel positioned above, you can easily create an OSD (OnScreenDisplay) from where you can show a list where users can
change video-source, handle volume etc...
Here are some screenshots from an old app I wrote ages ago....

4.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg

Upvote 0

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Didn't use many, mostly standard pre-installed B4A-libraries except for the video-library for which I used an old wrapper of mine of Vitamio (a previous version).

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, it is not. I have licensed the app to a company and the license agreement is still valid. Maybe one day in the future....

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If Ricardo wants, he can upload or send me by PM a part of his project dealing with OSD and then I can see if I can share some tips based on my experience.

Just had a look my old code - and I noted I had to use a special code-snippet before loading many layouts because Erel changed the behaviour of the autoscale. I remember this as if happened yesterday because this app has numerous layouts and the idea that I had to to modify them all was driving me crazy. I think this is the only time Erel made some changes to B4A that actually broke something in old code. However, the below code-snippet fixed it a run-time:

B4X:
Dim jo As JavaObject
    jo.InitializeStatic("java.lang.System").RunMethod("setProperty", Array As Object("autoscaleall_old_behaviour", "true"))

Upvote 0

Ricardo Bunschoten

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thnx i still have to start with the code just drawn on paper what the app must do will work on it soon if i get stuck on something i will put a message here

Thnx for the support :)

Upvote 0