Wish Next/Prev Bookmark should center bookmark line vertically in editor

Widget

Licensed User
Longtime User
The Next/Previous Bookmark (Alt-PgDn/Alt-PgUp) works well (in v6.3) except if the bookmarked line is not currently visible in the editor, it should display the code so the bookmarked line is centered vertically in the editor.

Here's why. The way it works now is if I press Alt-PgDn it will display the bookmarked line as the last visible line in the editor. Now I have to scroll the code up to see the lines surrounding the bookmarked line. Same thing happens when I press Alt-PgUp except it displays the bookmarked line as the first visible line in the editor.

If I am jumping from one bookmark to another I also have to do a lot of scrolling to see the surrounding code. It would be a lot better if the line with the found bookmark is centered vertically on the screen. The only exception to this is would be if the bookmark to be displayed is on a line that is already visible in the editor. (The editor is displaying lines 100 to 150 and the next bookmark is on line 140, then it doesn't have to center line 140 in the editor.)

BTW, the Alt-PgDn/Alt-PgUp does not work with the PgDn/PgUp keys on the numeric keypad. I found this awkward at first. Is there a reason for this? (Is Alt-Keypad used to enter control characters into the source code?) If there is a reason for it, then that's fine. I can get used to it not being accessible on the numeric keypad.

TIA

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
it should display the code so the bookmarked line is centered vertically in the editor.
This is fixed for the next update.

BTW, the Alt-PgDn/Alt-PgUp does not work with the PgDn/PgUp keys on the numeric keypad. I found this awkward at first. Is there a reason for this? (Is Alt-Keypad used to enter control characters into the source code?) If there is a reason for it, then that's fine. I can get used to it not being accessible on the numeric keypad.
This is a standard feature of Windows. Alt + Numpad allows you to enter characters based on their unicode value.