Android Question Samsung, Android 5 and DropBox

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, I'm new to the forum and would like to pose a question to more experienced programmers.

In my app I put the data synchronization with DROPBOX, using the library Dropbboxsync (3.00)

This all works fine, and until yesterday nobody reported me problems. Just yesterday a user has reported to me that on his Samsung Note 3 (Android 5.0) to synchronize their data do not, but the connection request with dropbox signaled an Authorization error READ_PHONE_STATE.

Reading around the internet, I find that on all Samsung devices with Android 5 you have this problem, and you have to add the manifest to seek authorization.

Now he tells me that no longer reports the permission error, but after requesting the connection does not by any outcome. Neither positive nor negative, as if the DropBox_AccountReady () event was not raised.

Can anyone tell me what happens?

Last edited:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for your suggestion. I have already added this permit but now does not connect too.
I felt the same App on 4 tablet possession and 6 smartphone (with which I make my tests) with Android 4.2 / 5.0 / 5.1 / 6.0, and runs on all but deprecated.
Only the Samsung with Android 5.0 does not work.
:(

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your help. The library has been very useful, looked very complicated but in reality it was not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0