Wish More compile options

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think this wish or a similar one was posted here several times. Because I just bumped into this problem again I will try it again. Maybe I will have some luck now because all my suggestions to B4A 6.50 made it into the release. :)

I'm missing two compile options.

1. Compile without deploy to device.

Currently I'm trying to create some watchfaces. Very often I have my mobile (and not the watch) plugged in to the USB port. In this constellation I want to compile the watchface project without deploying to any device. #CustomBuildAction 4 (after apk generation) should be executed in this mode. So in the WatchFace you can add this to copy the apk to the mobile app project.

2. Deploy last compiled apk

I normally use my mobile device via USB connection. Unfortunately sometimes the ADB server has some problems to detect my device anymore. Solution is to restart the ADB server or sometimes to reconnect the device.
The result is that I get a "Device not found" error after compilation. I then have to reconnect my device, restart the ADB server and do the whole compilation process again (which takes some minutes on larger projects on a slow machine).
Deploying just the last compiled apk whould help a lot in this situations.
Maybe this can be implemented with a simple check if the current apk is newer than all source files or something like this then the apk will just be deployed without any compilation. A full compilation may be forced be cleaning the project first.

BTW: I know I can do the first wish with the command line compiler but then I will have to leave the IDE. An alternative would be the ability to run external tools (like the command line compiler) from the IDE.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
D

Deleted member 103

It should actually be very easy to implement, I do not understand why Erel does not want to implement it. :(
Well, if there is an important reason for it, then I can understand it. :)