Android Question SQLite Viewer

Rajesh Krishnan

Licensed User
Hey!
On executing the sqlite viewer code and on loading the db from my drive i get an error telling error loading DB could anyone please help me with this.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upload your project. Without seeing/running your code we can´t help.

Upvote 0

Rajesh Krishnan

Licensed User
Where is the database stored?

Can you post the error message from the logs?
The Database is stored locally on my D:drive and for the purpose of using using it for the upload i stored it on my drive so that when it asks for choosing a file from the file manager i could choose from my drive. And the error is when i choose the DB file from the drive that i have uploaded to, which says "Error loading database."

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But it needs to reside in the /files subdirectory under where your App code is located.

You're not really giving us much to go on to help you!!

At what stage do you get the error - execution? generation? What SQL Viewer code?? What does your code look like?

Upvote 0

Rajesh Krishnan

Licensed User
But it needs to reside in the /files subdirectory under where your App code is located.

You're not really giving us much to go on to help you!!

At what stage do you get the error - execution? generation? What SQL Viewer code?? What does your code look like?

The error appears after the execution of the code and yes i do have the DB file reside in the files subdirectory where my app code is located, i have as well saved this DB file on my drive so that after execution of the code when it asks to choose the DB from my android device i am able to choose it from my drive, the code that i have used is this one that i have attached below, Thanks

Attachments

• SQLiteViewer.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 248
Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Where's the Database?

Hmm.... I think you'll need to know the location of the database - you seem to want the User to supply a directory and filename for a given DB - I don't know what that is on my device - sorry!

I would look at the try catch you have, either log some values to see if a wrong value is being passed in to it or trace through the code.

B4X:
    If SQL.IsInitialized Then SQL.Close

Try

SQL.Initialize(Dir, FileName, False)

DBUtils.ExecuteListView(SQL, "SELECT name FROM sqlite_master WHERE type = 'table'", Null, 0, lstTables, False)       

lblDatabase.Visible = True

lblDatabase.Text = "Database: " & FileName

lblChooseTable.Visible = True

lblBasic4android.Visible = False

Label2.Visible = False

Catch

ToastMessageShow("Error loading database.", True)

lblDatabase.Visible = False

lblChooseTable.Visible = False

EndTry

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I use something like this

B4X:
                            If SQL1.IsInitialized = False Then

SQL1.Initialize(File.DirInternal,"thedatabase.db", True)

End If

Upvote 0