Android Question Detect when a photo is taken

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a way to have a service detect when a photo has been taken by the "standard" camera app or another installed camera app?
i.e. Someone takes a photo with their device; the service (which is running in the "background") detects the intent, or ???? that indicated the photo was taken?
Regards
Rusty

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a way to have a service detect when a photo has been taken by the "standard" camera app or another installed camera app?
i.e. Someone takes a photo with their device; the service (which is running in the "background") detects the intent, or ???? that indicated the photo was taken?
Regards
Rusty
Look THIS

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Marco :)
I don't know what intent I need to monitor when the Camera app creates a photo file and to find out what/where the filename/location is.
I don't want to create a new camera app, i want to monitor the intents from the "built-in" app.
I think the "built-in" Camera app intent is "android.provider.MediaStore.ACTION_IMAGE_CAPTURE", but that starts the camera (I think).
I want the user to use the standard camera app and have my service see when a photo is taken and find out the name and location.
Any Ideas?
Thanks,
Rusty

Upvote 0