Android Question label click event within scrollview

Tim Chapman

Licensed User
Longtime User
My scrollview has a bunch of labels. Full width of the screen. Labels have varying height depending on the height required to show the text. I want to be able to click on the label and edit the text therein.

I made a click even for the label, but nothing is passed indicating which label is clicked. No position (from the scrollview), not label text. I tried to get these with no success.

Here is my code:
B4X:
Sub BigSpellView(RowMap As Map, HeaderList As List)
    Dim scvText As ScrollView
    Dim txt As String
    Dim panelheight As Int
    Dim labelheight As Int
    Dim top As Int

Log("RowMap = " & RowMap)
    scvText.Initialize(100dip) ' initialize the Scrollview
    pnlTest.AddView(scvText, 0, 0, 100%x, 100%y-40dip) ' add the Scrollview on the Activity

For Each ColumnName In HeaderList
        If ColumnName <> "Level All" Then
            txt = ColumnName & ": "& RowMap.Get(ColumnName)
            If txt <> "" Then
                Dim lblText As Label : lblText.Initialize("lblText") ' initialize the Label for the text.
                lblText.Color = Colors.RGB(250, 250, 210) 'set the Label background color
                lblText.TextColor = Colors.Black ' set the Label text color
                lblText.Text = txt ' set the text string to the Label text property
                scvText.Panel.AddView(lblText, 0, top ,100%x, 100%y) ' add the Label on the ScrollView internal Panel
                labelheight = su.MeasureMultilineTextHeight(lblText, txt) 'measure Label height
                panelheight = panelheight + labelheight    +5'set the ScrollView internal Panel height to the measured height
                lblText.Height = labelheight 'set the Label height to the measured height
                top = top + labelheight + 5
            End If
        End If
    Next
    Log("panelheight = " & panelheight)
    scvText.Panel.Height = panelheight
    scvText.ScrollPosition = 0    ' set the scroll position to the top of the text
    DoEvents 'needed to execute the previous line
End Sub
Sub lblText_Click
    Log("clicked")
End Sub

Any ideas on how to use either the position in the scrollview or the name of the label to allow me to edit the label text?

Jeffrey Cameron

Licensed User
Longtime User
When you're creating your label:
B4X:
lblText.Text = txt
lblText.Tag = txt 'or some other indentifier

In your click event:
B4X:
Dim poLbl as Label = Sender
log("Label " & poLbl.Tag & " clicked!")

Upvote 0