Android Question my webpage table is incorrectly sized in WebView

oceanwanderlust

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm using WebView/WebviewExtras2/DefaultWebviewClient to display a webpage from a manufacturing factory production system. After the page loads in my app, some Javascript on the webpage incorrectly resizes my 2 column table to be one tall column (screen shot attached). I cannot reproduce this behavior on any other browser, Android, or Windows (chrome developer with device emulation).... just WebView in my app.

Since I can't reproduce it anywhere else, I'm imagining that something in Webview is telling my webpage the wrong width, and everything gets messed up from there.

Can Martin or any other genius take a look at this (private) webpage and tell me what's going wrong?

joe

Is there a better place/way to ask for this help?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-04-19-39-25.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-04-19-39-25.png
    159.2 KB · Views: 181

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's the expected output? That the black text boxes span the whole display and then the text is displayed correctly?

Any code you can show us? B4A and at least a bit of the HTML to start with. Is it remotely based? e.g. a URL?

What device are you using? The Webkit changes version depending on the version of Android installed.

Are you using a WebViewClient or WebChromeClient to display the page?

What does the javascript do or look like?

Upvote 0