iOS Question iMQTT, SSL and CloudMQTT

MarkInAZ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I have been using Mosquitto and beta testing a B4i app with the B4j MQTT broker all as localhost.

I am now wanting to move to an outside accessible MQTT Broker and have been testing with CloudMQTT with great success, unsecurely though!

I understand that I can use tcp://m11.cloudmqtt.com:18646 for NON SSL secure connections. But long term I would like to use their port 28646 for secure connections.

With an app MQTT.fx I can use a CA signed server certificate for connecting to CloudMQTT. I am using their CA signed server certificate successfully.

Can I use iMQTT to connect securely to CloudMQTT? If so, what is required to successfully do this?

Thank you and Cheers, Mark

MarkInAZ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Awesome...Works beautifully ! Thank you and Cheers to you!

Upvote 0

MarkInAZ

Licensed User
Longtime User
So, after some testing I ran into the same issue I had with the iMQTT Canvas app, where when using #ATSEnabled: True, the app throws an error. Same as posted here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/imqtt-example-mqttcanvas-error.78873/

So my question is, in using ssl://, can an app using iMQTT be submitted to the Apple store and be approved? If not, is there another avenue to follow or is there any planned updates to iMQTT to allow an Apple store approval?

Thank you for any input to this issue, especially if I am not understanding iMQTT.

Cheers, Mark

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0