Android Question new Crash Reports

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi

i am getting to many crash reports lately.
yesterday i got 246 new crash reports.

this is the whole information in my google play console

B4X:
backtrace:
  native: pc 000000000001b4c8  /data/app/www.sagital.pknight-1/lib/arm64/libgdx-box2d.so (_ZN16b2BlockAllocator8AllocateEi+56)
  native: pc 000000000001e770  /data/app/www.sagital.pknight-1/lib/arm64/libgdx-box2d.so (_ZN7b2World10CreateBodyEPK9b2BodyDef+36)
  native: pc 0000000000030104  /data/app/www.sagital.pknight-1/lib/arm64/libgdx-box2d.so (Java_com_badlogic_gdx_physics_box2d_World_jniCreateBody+164)
  native: pc 0000000000c11830  /data/app/www.sagital.pknight-1/oat/arm64/base.odex

i am trying to run my game on my device and i dont have any crashes.
so i bought me a newer phone samsung s8 with android 7 and opengl 3.2
and now i am getting a lot crashes.

but nothing in the logs (b4a). only a crash.

i can also reproduce the crash but i dont understand what could be the reason for that crash.

any help?

what i also see in common with all those crash reports is that 99% of the devices have OpenGl v3.1 and up. my galaxy s5 has opengl v3.0 and their i dont get any crashes but my galaxy s8 has opengl 3.2 and there i do get crashes and can reproduce them. could it be that libgdx is not fully compatible with opengl v3.1 and up?

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Any idea on what statement or lib call in B4A causes the crash, then follow Alice down the rabbit hole I'm afraid...

I did manage to trace some issues with babylonjs and 3D graphics libs, but it is a painful journey! In the end I had a phone which was just too old (I was using an old handset which did work with webgl but it was all 'experimental' and when you got to some heavy lifting it just didn't work properly - so I decided to leave it and wait for my other handset to be repaired).

Can you trace through the lib calls? IE F12 or similar?

Something will have changed between 3.0 to 3.1 - you just need to try and work out what tho... easier said than done.

Is it PixelKnight? I'll try it on my HTC 10... When does the crash occur? or is it early on?

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Searching Google for this error returns a few results. Maybe this one will be helpful: http://www.java-gaming.org/index.php/topic,32491

Such errors are hard to debug.

thank you very much Erel i found the bug!

now i really don't know how it worked on my galaxy s5.
the problem was that i destroyed the body and then still used its coordinates but after removing it i should not get anything back since it is destroyed. so i really dont understand why it worked until now :confused:

but at least i dont get any crashes on my galaxy s8 anymore :D

i hope i won't see those numbers anymore:

crash1.png

i will now work on the fix and upload a new build.

Upvote 0