iOS Question Issues with IAP subscriptions

JohnnyHamburg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
i have got some problems working with In-App-Purchase subscriptions.
I think that i have read all threads in this forum but can not find the right solution.

I want to avoid to build an own server to manage the customers. there should be no further registration for them. Is this possible?

I`m testing on auto-renewable subs but there are some problems while testing in sandbox:

1. after buying a product the first time, i delete the app and install it again. Calling 'restoretransactions' fires the 'Purchase completed' event several times (already 19 times since first installation) always showing the same information. Why?

I thought it returns different information on each renewing the subscription.

2. If I buy another product and ask for restoring afterwards, it returns the old receipt. Can I delete already bought subscriptions in sandbox?

3. OR does this all work correct and easy in real conditions?

4. Is it possible to receive more information from the receipt returned by 'Purchasecompleted'?

JohnnyHamburg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, seems it is partly a problem with the testuser. I will create a new one, but it would be great to get more Information from the receipt. I am still not sure if it is enough to receive the transactiondate. Maybe i also need cancellation and expiration date if users cancel their purchase.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I had solved how to deal with auto renewing subscriptions some time ago but cant remember now, i will check my codes and post here.

Upvote 0

JohnnyHamburg

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had solved how to deal with auto renewing subscriptions some time ago but cant remember now, i will check my codes and post here.

I would really appreciate your help. I am feeling not sure about my solution until now.
After half a year working on my app it seems that apples rules for iap make it very complicated to publish for me.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would really appreciate your help. I am feeling not sure about my solution until now.
After half a year working on my app it seems that apples rules for iap make it very complicated to publish for me.
btw are you talking about auto-renewing subs or non-renewing subs ?

Upvote 0

JohnnyHamburg

Licensed User
Longtime User
btw are you talking about auto-renewing subs or non-renewing subs ?

In fact, both would fit my app. But at the moment I choose the easier way at first. Easy for me and easy for the user.
If you have got an example for me, i would be very happy. Everything can help me to continue developing my app.

Upvote 0

JohnnyHamburg

Licensed User
Longtime User
I created a new testuser and deleted the app and the old user from my Iphone, but it is almost the same with the new testuser like before:
After the first iap subscription I receive further 'purchase_completed' events with new TransactionID and date when I restart the app. So renew of subscription is done.
When I delete the app and install it again: On restoring the purchase I receive the same first transactionID and date several times in 'purchase_completed' (in sandbox the autorenew happens 6 times every 5 minutes as far as i understood)
But it does not give me the last renew. Or is this only happening in sandbox?

I am not really sure now if I have the wrong information or there is something different not working correct?

Upvote 0

JohnnyHamburg

Licensed User
Longtime User
As far as I understood, I have to use my own server to verify subscriptions. There is no other way directly from the app, which I would prefer. (I tried to convince Apple for my solution using consumable products on App-Review, but they refused it.)
It seems Apple gives no other opportunity to implement subscriptions. I tried to avoid that, because I have no experience building an own server. But it is better than throwing away the whole project.

So yes, you would do me a big favour, to show me how to implement subscriptions, I mean how I validate them and connect to apple.
I am sure this could be interesting for other users as well in future.

Thank you

Upvote 0

JohnnyHamburg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Update: (just to finish this thread if someone needs this information)
I just implemented auto-renewing subscriptions like any other purchase. So far apple accepted my solution and approved my app to the appstore.
If a customer buys a subscription evrything works well. Also auto-renew.
But restoring the purchase on another device after several renewed subscriptions, is only restoring the very first purchase date.
Restore_purchase for subscriptions doesn`t work correct in real life.

But there is new information on this, I start a new thread.

Upvote 0