Android Question Facebook Login _ Firebase

Smee

Licensed User
Longtime User
EDIT-UPDATE - please disregard this question i have gone back to my original code which for some reason has started to work but with unexpected results. I have posted a new question below

Hi have a series of problems so i have started from scratch to try to log in to facebook and google with firebase. To facilitate my understanding i have started very simply. I am using the steps from here https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...rebaseauth-to-support-facebook.67954/#content to begin with. I have downloaded the facebook login jar and xml but the names clash with another facebook library so i renamed the smaller one as FacebookSdk.
When I add this to the project and compile i get the following error

F:\Android Programs\Suburbs\AnyFCsApp\Objects\bin\extra\res1\res\values\values.xml:131: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@style/Theme.AppCompat.NoActionBar'.
F:\Android Programs\Suburbs\AnyFCsApp\Objects\bin\extra\res1\res\values\values.xml:136: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@style/Theme.AppCompat.Dialog'.
If i remove the library compilation is fine. I am attempting to use the sign in process from the smaller library because i am unable to sign in any other way.

How can i remove or fix this error?

Last edited:

Smee

Licensed User
Longtime User
EDIT UPDATE - Please disregard THIS post also, it seems like everything is working correctly now. Maybe FB was having a 'moment'?

My facebook login has just worked but i do not know why, I was in debug mode and stepped through it slowly and then the app page came up. This is unexpected, all I wanted to do was to allow the user to be able to login to their own facebook page. I am obviously misunderstanding something and I assume it has to do with the redirect Url? In firebase the Valid OAuth redirect URI points to my app page. Is this not correct?
To sum up I am trying to have my app extract the public info from a users facebook page so i would think it should log into their page

Any help much appreciated

Last edited:
Upvote 0