Android Question runtimepermissions error

mvpmedia

Licensed User
Longtime User
On my new install of 6.50 I cannot get runtimepermissions to work. I keep getting this error. I have reinstalled and installed google play services and respositories and android support, almost everything installed under extras. I also installed all sdk build tools. I had copied several versions of support-v4.jar found in android path search. I cannot get past this. HELP. What am i still missing? I even went to the extreme and copied my old hard drives library folders to my new.

B4X:
B4A version: 6.50
Parsing code.    (0.00s)
Compiling code.    (0.06s)
Compiling layouts code.    (0.00s)
Organizing libraries.    Error
Maven artifact not found: com.android.support/support-v4

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

mvpmedia

Licensed User
Longtime User
  • Download Android SDK.
  • Install the SDK. The SDK doesn't work properly when it is installed in a path with spaces (like "Program Files").
    It is recommended to install it to a custom folder similar to C:\Android.
  • Install Android SDK Tools, Android SDK Platform-Tools, Android SDK Build-tools (v23.0.3 is recommended),
    Android Support Repository, Google Repository and at least one platform (see the image below). Use API 14 or above.
  • You can also install Google USB Driver if you need to connect a physical device with USB. A list of other drivers is available here.

I downloaded and installed SDK.
My installation directory is c:\Android.
My SDK has the same items and more selected and installed.

I've copied every version of android.jar found during a search of c:\Android into additional library directory as well. still getting the error.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've copied every version of android.jar found during a search of c:\Android into additional library directory as well
you don´t need to copy any of the android.jar! In the IDE unter Tools-Configure paths set the path to the newest android.jar from within the sdk-folder.

Make sure to have the two Maven REPOSITORIES installed (step 2.2)

Upvote 0

mvpmedia

Licensed User
Longtime User
Completely reinstalled and pointed to android-26 android.jar and it seems to work now. Previously, I was pointing to 22, 23, 24 and didnt work for me.

Thanks!

Upvote 0