Android Question Get Characteristic UUID from BLE Service

DDL

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I am trying to read the Characteristics associated with a Service using BLE2 v1.35 library.
When the BleManager2 connects, I get 3 Services (UUIDs) in a list.
When I "SetNotify", I get data from the first Service and its associated Characteristic, but not from the other services.
I am using manager.WriteData() to write to the Characteristic in the second Service. But I don't know the UUID of the Characteristic associated with the second Service.
Based on my search of forum: In the older library (BLE_Exteneded) apparently the Services were returned as a Map and one could iterate through the Map and find the Characteristics associated with each Service using "GetCharacteristics"
Is there a way to read the Characteristics associated with all the Services in the list, using BLE2?
Thanks, Darryl

DDL

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did go through that example before posting.
But when I SetNotify I only receive the UUID and data of just one Characteristic associated with the Service.
When I call ReadData, I also only receive the UUID and data of just one Characteristic associated with the Service.
I called ReadData2 with the specific UUID for the second Characteristic, the DataAvailable event does not show anything related to that Characteristic.
I know there are two Characteristics in that Service. Using an iOS BLE app (LightBlue Explorer) I can view two Characteristics and I can read and write to the second Characteristic. But not via B4A.

Which specific sub/method in B4A should I be using?
Thanks.

Upvote 0