B4R Question MIDI Over BLE

Hypnos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes. Such a library is still not available.

For now you can use HM 10 module: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/ble-hm-10-module-broadcasting-a-single-byte.65785/#content

Thank you Erel!

Currently I purchased a little MIDI BLE device (see pic) and this device connected to my UNO board and it can communicate my iDevice without MIDI cable (GarageBand - MIDI over BLE). What my thought is, it should be able just using a single ESP32 without any extra device. I can store my program to ESP32 and use the build in BLE communicate with my iDevce. It will be good and I can make my project so small. (I have few midi projects idea)

Hopefully we can have the library available in the future so we can use the ESP32 BLE directly. I will try HM10 or the Arduino 101 (rCurieBLE) but seems it will be hard for me, need sometime to explore and read the examples in this forum and also learn the MIDI over BLE protocol, if someone here have any idea how to implement midi over BLE using B4R, please let me know : )

IMG_7554.JPG

Upvote 0

miker2069

Licensed User
Longtime User
Out of curiosity are you running the existing version of your program on an ESP32? If so how's the experience?

Upvote 0

Hypnos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel and All,

Finally I can find the MIDI over BLE working example for ESP32 from the net (see attached), the program work well and I can send MIDI message from ESP32 to iPhone GarageBand.

Can anyone help me translate the C code to B4R or make a BleMIDI library based on the code? The C code looks like simple but unfortunately I know nothing about C...

Thanks a lot !

Attachments

• MyDrum32.zip
    3 KB · Views: 457
Upvote 0