Games The Mindians (game in progress)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Gamers,

i am working on a new game for android.
i had not to much time in the last week because i was working on a library for b4i to import tmx file from Tiled but i made some progress on my new game.

i need to mention that the game i have in mind is very complex and will need a lot of time to finish.
i hope i will not give up :(

anyway, it's a nice game something like bowmaster but with more features and a unique story :)

i will post my progress in this thread so if you are interested then you should hit the "watch thread"

stay tuned ;)

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@tufanv those lines are usually only show in "beginner" level's, but I agree that, with no visual indicator other than the numerical values of angle and power/strength, it will be very unattractive to many players.
Why not a "angry birds" approach to the visual indication of those values, like having the archer incline/raise the arc according to inclination, and the string drawback for the power?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
can you implement a line for the angle like in the pool games which shows the angle of the shot ? It would be good.

yes, of course, I am planning to add it. what you see now is the very much beginning.
it will have several game modes. with lots of crazy stuff and animation.

for example a dancing animation (the animation will be continuously not like in the gif one time only!) :

dancing.gif

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why not a "angry birds" approach to the visual indication of those values, like having the archer incline/raise the arc according to inclination, and the string drawback for the power?

this is what i am planning to do to add dots and they will change according to power and angle.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I love these WIP threads where you can see the evolution of a game...

yes me too. the most thing i like is to see work of other people. it interests me how other game developers think and what technique they use.
i think we can learn a lot from each other and become better. i am trying to learn every new game i make new things and improve my code.

for example, i have never used atlas in my game but now i am. i will also try to make lots of own animation in this game using Spriter.
i am planning to build multiple game modes (battle modes)

so there will be a village with all mindians and you can buy new mindians and train them to get better. each mindian will have his unique behaviors and weapon.
after you think you are ready for a battle you can go for a battle to win coins and buy new stuff for your village. so a mix of the new Mario and angry birds or Bowmaster but with my own ideas.

i think this will be a very complex game and i am afraid i will stop in the middle but i really hope that i won't stop in the middle and finish it.
in my opinion, this game can take about 6 months. so is a long way to the finished product.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I still think it looks good. Maybe find a way to make the levels procedural to keep the game fresh? And add a number of different arrow types, fire, explosive, "heat seeking", or supper fast arrows that can go through walls?

dibb3386

Licensed User
Longtime User
With the arrows (fire, explosive etc) add them as specials so you get a few to use wisely or in app purchase more, also with the dots (aim line) maybe made the dots( line) smaller as the levels get harder till there is no line. What about levels that require trick shots (i seen in the demo that they bounce at the game boundary) maybe hard stone that keeps the momentum going. Or bonus for killing with the other end of the arrow (feather side). Out of screen bonus points (fire almost straight up and get a kill). Hail mary (expensive and rare skill) to turn one arrow in to a hail of arrows (maybe for a skip level bonus/ paid for skill).

Trebuchet (nuf said)

Power up weapons (move from arrows to sling shots, spears, crossbows) Maybe different characters you can unlock that have stronger weapons but longer recharge times ( power over speed etc)

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
yes, of course, I am planning to add it. what you see now is the very much beginning.
it will have several game modes. with lots of crazy stuff and animation.

for example a dancing animation (the animation will be continuously not like in the gif one time only!) :

View attachment 60580
Hi, which tool is the one using here, interesting?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
With the arrows (fire, explosive etc) add them as specials so you get a few to use wisely or in app purchase more, also with the dots (aim line) maybe made the dots( line) smaller as the levels get harder till there is no line. What about levels that require trick shots (i seen in the demo that they bounce at the game boundary) maybe hard stone that keeps the momentum going. Or bonus for killing with the other end of the arrow (feather side). Out of screen bonus points (fire almost straight up and get a kill). Hail mary (expensive and rare skill) to turn one arrow in to a hail of arrows (maybe for a skip level bonus/ paid for skill).

Trebuchet (nuf said)

Power up weapons (move from arrows to sling shots, spears, crossbows) Maybe different characters you can unlock that have stronger weapons but longer recharge times ( power over speed etc)

this was just a test to see that the concept is working. of course, the finished game will look very different and with lots of special effects.
anyway thanx for your advice :)