iOS Question LoadCSV issue with certain characters.

RVP

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am finding that some characters can cause an issue using loadCSV, for example / in a text field will cause the parse to fail. Is there a list of characters that should not be in fields?

RVP

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am getting the data thru Application_OpenUrl and save it like this:

B4X:
Dim strUtil As StringUtils
File.WriteString(File.DirTemp,"Light.csv",csv)

csv is the string I received

Upvote 0

RVP

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is the data I am receiving:

B4X:
Do Not remove any columns or rows.  Do not change the format of any cells.  The first line must have the Vendor Information. Start on Line 4.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Vendor,VendorName,SalesContact,SalesPhone,SalesEmail,TechnicalContact,TecnhicalPhone,TechnicalEMail,WebSite,Notes,Address,Model,Type,CandelaFlood,CandelaSpot,CandelaMid,Notes
Required every row,Required Once on First row of new Vendor,Required Once,Required Once,Required Once,Required Once,Required Once,Required Once,Required Once,Required Once,Required Once,Required every row,Required every row,if Applicable,if Applicable,if Applicable,if Applicable
Ianiro,Ianiro,,,,,,,,,,Solaris,"2KW, Tungsten Fresnel",26952,334867,,
Ianiro,,,,,,,,,,,Solaris,"1KW, Tungsten Fresnel",11600,117000,,
Ianiro,,,,,,,,,,,Solaris,"650W, Tungsten Fresnel",9000,80600,,
Ianiro,,,,,,,,,,,Solaris,"300W, Tungsten Fresnel",4100,18200,,
Ianiro,,,,,,,,,,,Solaris,"150W, Tungsten Fresnel",2000,9000,,
Ianiro,,,,,,,,,,,Blonde,"2KW, Tungsten Open Face",23958,98010,,
Ianiro,,,,,,,,,,,Redhead,"1KW, Tungsten Open Face",12300,41000,,
Ianiro,,,,,,,,,,,Redhead,"650W, Tungsten Open Face",9500,33300,,

What seems to be happening, is it is not interpreting the data as separate lines, it seems to thing this is one line. Looking at the file which is being opened, it has a CR at th end of the line where-as a file that works has CRLF. I am guessin the difference is that one was created on a Mac, and the other on a Windows machine.

Upvote 0