Wish [CLOSED] DEL key in the Visual Designer

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
Could it be possible that the DELETE key deletes the selected view while in the Visual Designer (or right clicking the view in the Views Tree) ?
I had to rework a layout and for the first time, because I was replacing one view by another, I missed a way to delete while in place.
Thanks

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
just hit DEL and the view is deleted!

Xhat I would like was the ability to copy/past styling and/or the ability to change the node type without having to Delete/re-place a new view, thus keeping all the "general" formating

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello CableGuy,
Yes but when the script designer was ran and the views are in place, when I click the view, I have to click inside the properties and after that I have to click the view in the Views Tree to be able to press DEL.

Perhaps it could be easier : if the DEL key is the first action after having clicked the view in the Views Tree than the view is deleted (that said if someone clicks the view and after that clicks inside the properties, the DEL key will delete in the properties and not the view).

Thanks again

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh, I see, I had noticed that behaviour too, but since it only needs to select a property of the view we want to delete, I never cared much.

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
I never cared too much until I had some views under some panels too :)

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes but when the script designer was ran and the views are in place, when I click the view, I have to click inside the properties and after that I have to click the view in the Views Tree to be able to press DEL.
In script mode the layout is read-only. Clicking on the properties grid quits script mode.

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
In script mode the layout is read-only.
If the layout is read only, the Views Tree isn't because we can select the view... Perhaps in the future would you try to improve the behavior (clicking repeatedly three times for each view is a bit wearisome). Closing for now