Other [CLOSED] What does B4A in the background while idle ?

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I had let a project containing some code opened while answering a phone call. By chance, I had the Windows Process Manager opened in the same time.
When I returned to my work space, I did notice that B4A had from 0.4% to 1.8% of the CPU running.

Since it was a project already opened, I wonder what B4A could do. No device was connected at that time of writing only.

Many thanks

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks. Could it be a function to analyse the code at a regular schedule to find errors ?

Upvote 0

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wonder what B4A could do
:p
c0b835_92e2c0be921a4b3d91702a6ca35a1e24~mv2.gif

(joking, of course)

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
@JordiCP : excellent :D
But if you had some time wasting, could you make the test at your desktop ? You'd notice that strange activity
giphy.gif

At about 1.09, there is no more link to Java, the project only stays opened and uses about 2% of the CPU.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have "investigated" a bit and it's doing a similar thing here, but it goes always back to 0%
  • If I leave a B4A and a B4I IDEs open and not focused, task manager tells me that they consume 0%CPU...but from time to time it goes to 1% and then back to 0%
  • If I just move the mouse, it raises for a moment, so I suppose all UI (and non-UI) interaction with Windows is doing a part
  • I guess the rest could be file monitoring, code checking and other time-regular scheduled tasks.
I don't know which should be the expected behaviour... but for me (with a limited knowledge about Windows internals) it could be classified as "normal".

Anyway, perhaps Skinner will shed some light on it :cool:

Attachments

• Tin-foil-hats-Signs.jpg
    Tin-foil-hats-Signs.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 211
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Could it be a function to analyse the code at a regular schedule to find errors ?
Code analysis does happen every few seconds. However it stops immediately if there are no code changes. Other "small" things happen periodically. Especially when there are Windows events such as mouse movements.

Upvote 0