Android Question B4A 7.80 Warning for unused files

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User
Moved to the questions forum.

The unused files warning will not appear at all if you load an asset file in a non-static way.
For example:
B4X:
LoadBitmap(File.DirAssets, "aaa" & x)
Because it's no more possible to know which will be loaded or not.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Moved to the questions forum.

The unused files warning will not appear at all if you load an asset file in a non-static way.
For example:
B4X:
LoadBitmap(File.DirAssets, "aaa" & x)
I know but I have not used (no more) them (2 image files) at all, in any line of code.
As always, I can not reproduce that error, because I removed them. I will search for an old version of the project.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I will search for an old version of the project.

upload_2018-1-15_15-41-22.png

upload_2018-1-15_15-41-31.png

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes but "aaa" should be part of the file name (in my intention, in your example) or X should be.

Check my project: I renamend Trofeo.png to OLDTrofeo.png because I was trying to use an animated gif (and this worked) an I forgot to remove OLDTrofeo.png.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No. The warning engine doesn't try to evaluate the expression. If it is not a string literal then it disables this warning completely.
is it possible that I am understanding the opposite?

The engine is not able, cannot evaluate variables; just for this reason if I search the file name in my code and I don't find it (post #5), as the engine does, the warning should be shown. Or not?!?!

I'm still convinced that this is a bug.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The engine is not able, cannot evaluate variables; just for this reason if I search the file name in my code and I don't find it (post #5), as the engine do, the warning should be shown. Or not?!?!
It depends. See my answers in posts #2, #6, #8, #10. No point in writing the same answer for the fifth time

Upvote 0