Android Question saving a web page as mhtml programmatically

Didier9

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am looking for a way to save a web page as mhtml programmatically.
My app's manual is on-line as an html document that I update somewhat regularly.
The app is mainly used off-line so in normal operation, the user does not have access to the web browser so he can't view the manual directly as html.
I know that there are a number of ways to save a web page locally under different formats (like pdf) but in my tests, mhtml seems to be best able to deal with different screen sizes and it is conveniently packaged as a single file, but to create it I have to do it on the desktop and then ftp the file to the server. I would prefer not to have to do that each time I update it.
So the way I see it, I would like the app to download the web page and save it locally as mhtml (when the user is on-line) so the user can view it off-line.
Thanks in advance!

Didier9

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Erel. This is not necessarily simpler considering that I can update the manual from a phone or tablet but creating the mhtml file and uploading it requires a Windows laptop.

However, I understand it may be the only practical option at this time. I have also looked at Linux tools to create the mhtml file (the web site is hosted on Linux) but apparently there are none at the moment, so my options are few if I want t stick with mhtml.

Right now, I am trying to find out how to create the mhtml file, it can't be that hard... (famous last words...)

Upvote 0