Android Question B4A-Bridge..."Parse error There was a problem while parsing the package"

MarkInAZ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I am starting to use B4A after I have used B4i for awhile. I was setting up the B4A-Bridge on my Android. I successfully install B4A-Bridge and have connected.

I am trying to install from B4A-Bridge on my Android, the Demo app TestLayoustAnchors. I am getting the following error after Running in Release or Debug mode.

"Parse error
There was a problem while parsing the package"

I can successfully ftp to my Android through the Android app "WiFiFTP Server", and successfully install the same Demo app TestLayoustAnchors and other apps, without any issues.

Here is what I am using:

AddManifestText(
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="5" android:targetSdkVersion="14"/>

Android Lollipop MR1 (5.1)

B4A, ver 7.80, on Windows
B4A-Bridge, 2.51

What am I missing to troubleshoot? Thank you in advance for any help with this.

Cheers, Mark

Attachments

• Img_7177.jpg
    Img_7177.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,611

MarkInAZ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I changed the package name and I do not have any assigned icon, I would guess it is using the B4A icon since this is an untouched demo.

After changing the package names a couple of times, still no go, same error!

Any other thoughts, Thank You.

Cheers, Mark

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MarkInAZ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

So I tried another Android with Nougat (7.0) with the same B4A package name, B4A icon, demo TestLayoustAnchors...It worked and installed without any issues.

So what is going on with the Android Lollipop MR1 (5.1) device?

Thanks, Mark

Upvote 0

MarkInAZ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Thanks for your time. I tried rebooting several times on this device to no avail.

I have tried several other Androids without any issue, seems to be an issues with this one device. I really need to move on!

Thanks for your time, I can now develop and test on some other devices, so I am good to go.

Cheers, Mark

Upvote 0