Bug? V7.80 "Deleted files are moved to the recycle bin"

PSEAD

Licensed User
Longtime User
Although this feature is useful, I sometimes use the same images on multiple activities, and the option to leave the file in the files folder (in the designer) e.g. when removing an image from 1 activity, does not seem to work. Clicking "No" does the same as "Cancel" and does not take the file out of the files list.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not a bug. All files left in the Files folder will be included in the APK, whether they are listed in the Files tab or not.

This is why you cannot remove the file from the files tab without removing it from the files folder. In previous versions the file was permanently deleted, now it is moved to the recycle bin.

PSEAD

Licensed User
Longtime User
I probably did not explain enough in the first post.
Let's say I have 10 files listed in the designer for one activity, and 5 files which are the same listed in the designer for another activity.
I decide to remove 1 of the 5 files from the second activity, but leave it in the files folder for the first activity.
When I click on the remove button it asks " Do you want to remove....." and then it gives me 3 options: "Yes" -- this removes the file and puts it in the recycle bin. -- correct behavior.
"No" -- This should remove the file from the file list and leave it in the files folder. -- this currently does leave the file (correct) but does not remove it from the file list. - same as clicking "Cancel"
"Cancel" -- correct action.

My problem is that the only way to get the file out of the list is to click "Yes", then go to the recycle bin and restore the file back so that the other activity can use it.

PSEAD

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks. It is only an issue when re-using the activity in another app which doesn't use the image so it isn't in the files folder.