iOS Question installation b4i Bridge to iPhone

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
I studied the Video installation and Configuration - B4i Bridge.
upload_2018-2-28_12-21-21.png

if I understood correctly, first time I should install the application B4i Bridge on my iPadMini( iPhone). But I can not find the application B4i Bridge in apple store. I tried to install in the settings different countries US, Russia, Kazakhstan but can not find B4i Bridge application.

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
You will not find it in any Apple Store because it is not there.

Do this (On your IDE):
Go to Tools-->Build Server-->Build B4I - Bridge App

The IDE then upload this to the Hosted Builders and returns the Bridge App that you then install by following instructions on your screen.

Easy !!

Upvote 0

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
I do not understand where the image of iPhone appeared on the right side of the presentation screen? Before starting Build B4i-Bridge App I need to connect my iPhone via USB from PC?
I connected an iPhone with a PC from USB.
I started the point Build B4i-Bridge App.
upload_2018-2-28_14-25-27.png

upload_2018-2-28_14-27-56.png

A window appeared in the presentation, but nothing happens on the iPhone screen. In the presentation Erel worked with IP addresses on the iPhone. But I have nothing on the iPhone. Help me, I's newbie

Upvote 0

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
I realized, that on iPadMini I must to run the browser Safari and put IP adress.... . The process of installing application from the PC to iPhone started, but finished with error. When I made it on the work office PC I have inside iPhone
upload_2018-2-28_23-8-38.png

When I tried to repeat this proces on a home PC, another message appeared
upload_2018-2-28_23-10-34.png

I understand that you need to make identical settings on two computers. What is important and mandatory in B4i bridge settings when working on two different computers (at home and in the office)? Why do I have different mistakes?
Did I can copy a set of 5 files in between two computers(home, office) when using 1 same iPhone?

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-28_21-25-20.png
    upload_2018-2-28_21-25-20.png
    382.2 KB · Views: 265
Upvote 0

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
In the server settings, by default, the IP address is 192.168.0.100 and the port 15042 is after.
During the installation of the bridge, B4 recommends instead of the IP address in the safari to specify the URL then and the port 51041 that does not match the server settings.

But with this URL installation of the road passes successfully. When I set the IP address in the safari 192.168.0.100 the installation breaks down, when I put the URL is all going well. After the installation of the B4i bridge itself always uses the address 192.168.100.X.
upload_2018-3-11_22-36-52.png

When connecting devices, sometimes next to the IP, the name of the iPhone is written from the certificate and sometimes there is no reason
when I run the bridge on the iPhone on the screen set IP 192.168.100.8
On a iPhone and a laptop enabled WiFi it can somehow interfere with the process. I do not understand in this process you need access to the Internet from the PC or iPhone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel You did not answer about access to the Internet from Wifi. On my the PC(laptop) and iPhone turn-ON Wifi, maybe this hinders the processis of correct installation the bridge and periodic updates of the application? I have an opinion that I have a connection between an iPhone and a laptop on the cable that works badly that something prevents this process from probably not the correct IP address. 192.168.100.8 in bridge and 192.168.0.100 in server?

Upvote 0

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
I bought an option B4i for programming on Windows PC with the connection to the iPhone via USB cable. Because I do not have an apple computer. I'm worried that the year is ending and I have not started the programming process. So I think that I have a varant hosted builder?
upload_2018-3-13_13-5-35.png

Upvote 0

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry that I ask children's and stupid questions. I'm a programmer and many years create desktop application in the field of MS Office + VBA and so I do not well understand network terms. After your answer, I understand that I do not need to use the USB cable. The connection between the PC and the iPhonework on WiFi. For me, intresting to know, is necessary to have access to the Internet for my Windows PC, when I installation the bridge and periodic debugging my the application? In my home WiFi Internet works from WIFI router. So for my task in my home WiFi router must be always turn On - it is corectly?

Upvote 0

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
I previously asked -
"When I install BRIDGE, I set the IP address in the safari 192.168.0.100. Then the installation Bridge breaks down, when I set the URL is all going well."
I must to specify URL or IP adress?

Upvote 0

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
I achieved a normal bridge between the laptop and iPhone in iPadMini. If I try to program on a desktop computer, I must to change the settings B4i in the desktop computer and reinstall the bridge on the iPhone and the iPadMini. I conclude that the best option is to program only one laptop computer. Jump to different computers in the process of programming is not convenient. When I worked for B4A there were no such problems. I ir right?

Upvote 0