iOS Question Help - Apple rejecting all updates

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
Help!!!!

Recently Apple are rejecting all my B4i developed app updates.
They say I am spamming, breaking guideline 4.3

Yet they are totally different apps, only common code is my common routines, i.e. sql routines, comms code and compiled wit B4i.

I don't know what to do, Apple wont listen to my appeals, all they are interested in is comparing binaries

I am assuming B4i compiles using common code that maybe also makes different apps look similar?

Suggestions other than give up developing for Apple devices?

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
That was what I would think.

But there is really no comparison between Golftell that I developed for a client to do golf course reporting and any of my other sapphire solutions apps.

I use a common code block that includes database and sql code. Comms is similar on most of my apps as this is common sense. But screens, logos, activity code is different because the apps do completely different functions for the clients.

P.s. google apple guidelines 4.3 and see other cases and youtube videos. This is just nuts. Apple seem to have lost the plot with this one.

Anyone know someone high up in Apple?

Upvote 0

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess this one comes under the "not my problem" category at the moment for the community.... But guess what, it soon will be, B4i developers will need to get together and fight this one, suggestions please?

Upvote 0

tuhatinhvn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am getting 4.3 reject spam design now.
I change all ui, code, file,.... But after update, they alway reject without see my app( only 2-5 minututes after in review), any one can help us??

Upvote 0

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I feel your pain. I had no choice, I eventually had to spend considerable time making four Apps into one "Container" App to comply with Apple's demands.
Over the last year I have lost a fair chunk of business because of this.
Sorry for the bad news.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I found an explanation of your error. It seems that they don't allow you to upload an app with the same functionality multiple times.

So no 5 golf score logging apps but just maximum 1.

As Erel wrote forcing the customer to buy their own dev. account is a solution to bypass your problem.

My guess is that they want to clean up the store this way but I wonder what they will do with games and their sequels like that Valley game where they earn on aswell.

Edit: I just saw that you only have 1 golf app so far so I guess their automated app checker is freaking out on something else.

Upvote 0

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
This has been an ongoing problem for awhile now. Not sure how their algo's work, but they are definitely broken.

I saw an instance where a guy had a law app, a language app, and a music player app, all totally different. Fall under the 4.3 rejection.

Also once you get hit with a 4.3, your account is automatically flagged and youll get an autorejection with no explanation past the boilerplate.

And yes, if you publish an app that has intellectual property or copyrighted information in it that does not belong to you whether you have authorization or not, it requires the rights holder to have an account now.

Upvote 0