Android Question Is there a free sync option for sqllite to ms sql by using b4a?

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
yes it is

Upvote 0

Vancho Dimtirov

Licensed User
I appreciate your answer and your involvement, however I already posted a question
Is there a free sync option for sqllite to ms sql by using b4a?

this is like I asked for apples and "experts" are responding about oranges which is not what I need.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a free sync option for sqllite to ms sql by using b4a?

this is like I asked for apples and "experts" are responding about oranges which is not what I need.
Please use regular text when posting.

CloudKVS is relevant to this thread as it is a syncing solution. You haven't posted enough information for us to exactly understand what you are trying to do.

You can use jRDC2 or JdbcSQL to connect to the remote database. You will need to implement the synchronization yourself.

Upvote 0

Vancho Dimtirov

Licensed User
hi Erel

thank you for your input here. I believe my question is super simple "Is there a free syncing option for sqllite to ms sql by using b4a?" for at least to someone who's done some extensive programming development with databases

I appreciate all of your efforts once again

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Vancho Dimtirov

Licensed User
I am a new user of the b4a hence my questions about the syncing usage. I've been developer for many years already and thought that b4a probably has a syncing library already from local storage databases to central repository database.

Anyway, I am looking at two options to solve the problem on my side if I am going to use the b4a to build the android app.

1. I'm currently looking at a paid solution offered by the handapps.com . Richard has been great to explain how their licensing works. Their syncstudio covers pretty much everything that I need for my solution. Indeed it comes with a cost but nothing scary. They have done a pretty good job from what I was able to see so far.

2. I can quickly develop a syncing solution by simply comparing unique ID field from the local storage table against the server equivalent table and then do the updates to the central database. It's a simple solution which could work, however option 1 works better because the developer has greater control over everything that happens with the data.

Not sure if something else exists by the way

Regards

Upvote 0

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
at syncing there is a problem if both sides edit some fields.
if you just compare a timestamp and the last one wins its just copy all fields.

Upvote 0

Vancho Dimtirov

Licensed User
at syncing there is a problem if both sides edit some fields.
if you just compare a timestamp and the last one wins its just copy all fields.

actually, you're not right because every table captures a userID which is unique per each user. Only the particular user can do the syncing this way, meaning that that particular record stays locked to that user which in fact has the authorization to do the syncing.

It really depends on the software architecture scenario

hope that helps

Upvote 0