Android Question FilePicker Dialog Checkmark box not visible

Meuke

Licensed User
Using the FilePicker library in one of my projects it is hard to see the checkboxes on the right side of the filename to be selected.
Is there any way to change the color of the checkboxes so that the are clearly visible?

superkan

Licensed User
I quite struggled with this problem of FilePicker. Some apps work well, but modern looking apps don't show the tick boxes. The problem comes from a 'theming issue' according to Angad (author). The issue is solved in a later version of the library (not the one wrapped by Don Manfred) but then again, I am worried if the wrapping is worth the effort if the notorious android sdk updates render the lib useless. In my view one should abandon this library for a long term interest because, in their GitHub discussion it shows that this 'pathetic' library (java of course) is going to suffer in Android Q. No replies and no active development. Instead I am tinkering with this alternative by Informatix https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/class-file-explorer-with-visualization.19003/#content Even ULV has an explorer demo for folder/file selection with checkboxes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0