Games Very early demo

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
very nice erel, you know you could use box2d with your bitmap creator class.
You know everything :)

That's exactly the plan. I've started with the B4i wrapper which is quite complicated as it is a C++ library. There will also be a B4A / B4J library with the exact same API so you can use BitmapCreator with XUI2D to build cross platform games sharing almost all code. XUI2D is a wrapper for Box2D. I didn't want to use the same name to avoid confusion with jBox2D library created by Informatix.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You know everything :)

That's exactly the plan. I've started with the B4i wrapper which is quite complicated as it is a C++ library. There will also be a B4A / B4J library with the exact same API so you can use BitmapCreator with XUI2D to build cross platform games sharing almost all code. XUI2D is a wrapper for Box2D. I didn't want to use the same name to avoid confusion with jBox2D library created by Informatix.

WOW!!! this will take b4x to a new level and make it much more interesting for game lovers like me :)

if you need any help with box2d let me know. i did a lot of games using box2d and ispritekit that also use the same principle.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
SS-2018-07-02_18.03.03.png

Quite a lot of progress. You can try the latest example here:

https://www.b4x.com/b4j/files/games/XUI2DEarlyDemo.jar