Android Question My B4A is showing an error message.

nypaulie

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been away from using B4A for a couple of years. I just got a Fire HD 10 during the Amazon Prime sale and decided to get back into programming. When I opened one of my saved projects I immediately got this error msg. "The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform." Then I wrote the simplest of programs as a test and got the same error, so I reinstalled Java, but that didn't correct things. Reinstalling B4A also didn't fix it. I run B4A via VirtualBox (Linux-host Window7-guest) and this has worked fine in the past. If I dualboot out of Linux and run this using Win-10 I have no problems and can bridge to the Fire and compile & run with ease. Anyone have any ideas? I don't like Windows and using it when I have to via VBox is a lot easier than having to shut down my preferred OS and boot into Win. I am stumped!

[Added Later] - I just saw the notice "*** targetSdkVersion requirements ***"
I will take a look at the tutorial and see if this applies to my problem.

nypaulie

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, no problem. It's only when I open one of my saved projects, even one I just wrote (a simple one as a test).

Upvote 0

nypaulie

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes. I am using the IDE and as soon as I try to open Any saved program file I get that message. Note: only when using the VBox IDE. When the OS is pure Windows (10) there is no problem and I can compile/run with ease.

Upvote 0