iOS Question iphone7 plus screen does not fit

John Woodsmall

Licensed User
Longtime User
my app works for iphone X and iphone 5
but on the iphone7 plus the app looks shifted and does
not look good.

how do i make my app work on the iphone7 plus or other iphones?

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
And here, If I may, is another little tip for you:

It is almost imperative for you to follow the guidelines in the tutorials posted by @Erel above. Let me explain. (Explanation based on the use of an iPhone 6S+ as the dev device)

If you set the device to normal view then the screen size is 414 x 736 - Now you use this as a derivative and design your layout on that - after all - it is an iPhone 6S+ is it not ? You test and everything looks fine and in your mind you think you've got it covered and all set to go.

Your user/client now loads the app on their device, which is an iPhone 6S+ (and remember, you've designed it for an iPhone 6S+ - with fixed screen layout co-ordinates) and NOTHING fits properly !! - Why is this ?

Your client has probably set the screen to ZOOMED (as opposed to standard) and the layout size is now 375 x 667 !! - Did your client do this intentionally ? Most likely not. They most probably upgraded from and iPhone 5 - whose screen size is ...... - you guessed it !! and for some strange reason the 6S+ takes on the previous iPhones resolution and to do this - sets the new device to ZOOMED. (You can find it under Settings-->Display & Brightness-->View)

Just something that I learnt the hard way and am now paying it forward for other members to benefit from this !!

Enjoy !!

Upvote 0

John Woodsmall

Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks all.

Erel how do you get the "Mirror" from iphone(bridge) to show on the screen as in the tutorial?

it would be wonderful to debug the way it is done here.

thanks.

Upvote 0

John Woodsmall

Licensed User
Longtime User
ok i see.
but
i have a group of buttons in the center of my page(see gif).
i can force the outer buttons to the left and the right...it works for all phones.

but the center buttons are to the left on the iphone7 plus.(centered on iphone5 and iphone10)

how can i get them to stay centered where i want them?

i thought that i could use a panel or something. But i did not know how to do this.

i thought that i could center the panel and it would stay centered on each phone?

Attachments

• Panal.gif
    Panal.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 184
Upvote 0

clarionero

Licensed User
Longtime User
ok i see.
but
i have a group of buttons in the center of my page(see gif).
i can force the outer buttons to the left and the right...it works for all phones.

but the center buttons are to the left on the iphone7 plus.(centered on iphone5 and iphone10)

how can i get them to stay centered where i want them?

i thought that i could use a panel or something. But i did not know how to do this.

i thought that i could center the panel and it would stay centered on each phone?

Hi. you can read about scaling strategy here https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/supporting-multiple-screens-tips-and-best-practices.17647/

Rubén

Upvote 0