Android Question [SOLVED] B4A AVDManager : creating identical devices ?

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I would like to know (before going into the sources for modification), if it is allowed to create many identical devices with the AVDManager ? In fact, on a fresh new installed computer, I tried to do that and the AVDManager did nothing after having printed:

Loading local repository... [========= ] 25% Loading local repository... [========= ] 25% Fetch remote repository... [========= ] 25% Fetch remote repository... [========= ] 25% Fetch remote repository... [=======================================] 100% Fetch remote repository... Parsing D:\AndroidSDK\build-tools\27.0.1\package.xmlParsing D:\AndroidSDK\emulator\package.xmlParsing D:\AndroidSDK\extras\google\usb_driver\package.xmlParsing D:\AndroidSDK\extras\intel\Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager\package.xmlParsing D:\AndroidSDK\patcher\v4\package.xmlParsing D:\AndroidSDK\platform-tools\package.xmlParsing D:\AndroidSDK\platforms\android-24\package.xmlParsing D:\AndroidSDK\platforms\android-27\package.xmlParsing D:\AndroidSDK\system-images\android-24\default\x86\package.xmlParsing D:\AndroidSDK\tools\package.xmlWarning: Android Virtual Device '4in_Phone_Platform_24_default' already exists and will be replaced.

The initial need was to have the same device, one with an internal SD card and the other an external SD card.

Many thanks

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK got more information :
- ADV definitions seem to be stored as configuration files in c:\Users\<user>\.android\avd
- the AVD are stored in the Android SDK folder under B4AEmulator

but if I copy / paste the configuration file and the avd in their respective folders, rename them, the AVDManager can't read the list of AVDs anymore (null pointer). Seem that I have to investigate elsewhere.

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Got it: under the copied emulator folder, there is the hardware-qemu configuration file where the path to the .img files have to be modified too. Now the AVDManager is able to retrieve both avd.
upload_2018-9-20_17-43-10.png

Upvote 0