iOS Question ActivityIndicator different appearance on iOS8 and iOS11

elpic76

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
the appearance of the activityindicator is different between iOS8 and iOS11: on iOS8 the activityindicator is OK while on iOS11 appears like a flashing box.
I tried to set the Style property to WHITE and WHITE LARGE but only the dimension are changing not the appearance.
I searched on the forum and I don't find anything related to this aspect.
How can I correct this problem?
Best Regards
Mosè

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

elpic76

Licensed User
Longtime User

Thank you, I'll evaluate them.

Can you upload a small project that demonstrates it? Note that the indicator should be invisible when you load the layout. It will start rotating when you make it visible.

Firstly I'll check if there are problems with visibility of the activityindicator when loading the layout.
Today I have only iPhone5 with iOS8 where the activiityindicator works and I cannot test directly on iPhone6 / 6s with iOS11.

Best Regards
Mosè

Upvote 0

nw11

Licensed User
Longtime User
i had the same problem. if you remove the 'resize event handling' flag from the page properties, the wheel will work again. So if you don't have to resize the layout from code the problem is solved. unfortunately not for me as I have to resize the layout to fit the safe zone of iphone X and later. It is a real shame because 'activityindicator' is the only wheel that turns regardless of the operations carried out by the app and it never stops .. the others (loadindicator) jerk. I don't know if it is possible to solve the activityindicator problem ..

Upvote 0